We are Byrnes & Kiefer Company; hiding in plain sight! A little about us…
Boasting Pittsburgh pride, all the way back from 1902! In our current 60,000-square-foot facility, product development and operation, spur ongoing growth.
Come mix it up with a progressive production team as a Warehouse Material Handler in Callery, PA! Our state-of-the-art production and baking facility is ready to add outstanding employees as our secret ingredient.
What do we offer our employees?
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:30 am-2:30 pm;
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS… We offer above industry standards: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with a match, and 14 PTO days
*Vision provided at no cost to the employee (if Dental coverage is elected);
- Progressive Environment; and
- Continued Growth… Climb your sweet ladder of success at B&K.
What’s our recipe for employee success?
- Eye for detail when making our dough and running machines;
- Effective communication, with a diverse population of co-workers and managers;
- Teamwork… The Production team works cooperatively to meet quotas and goals;
- Comfortable with working on an elevated platform… We use heavy machinery;
- Understanding… Sharing different viewpoints;
- Tic-toc… Time management; and
- Fragrance and Allergy Tolerance… We are cooking confectionery products.
Your day at a glance:
- Manage the receiving of raw materials including ingredients, bulk ingredients, and packaging materials. Ensure the items entering the plant are the correct materials and have not been compromised or contaminated during shipping;
- Work with quality control to properly receive all products that require Certificates of Analysis (COAs) and Kosher markings and to check all shipments requiring QA approval;
- Maintain all shipping/receiving records including truck logs and Certificates of Analysis (COAs);
- Manage the receiving food defense program to ensure that shipments and truck operators do not pose a threat to the facility;
- Maintain the safe working and sanitary conditions of the warehouse, freezers, and cooler. Immediately notify management and QA of any pest activity;
- Properly stock, withdraw, and rotate product in pallet racks using a FIFO system;
Withdraw all product needed for daily production in a timely manner;
- Work with QA to properly mark, segregate, and manage any non-conforming raw materials or finished goods. Ensure product is properly designated as on HOLD or marked for DESTRUCTION;
- General sanitation; and
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to read and speak English;
- Ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift; and
- Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of 50 lbs. consistently.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience with automated machinery;
- Go get them attitude; and
- Ability to work with and without reasonable accommodation.
CLICK HERE to download this Job Description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.