We are Byrnes & Kiefer Company; hiding in plain sight! A little about us…
Boasting Pittsburgh pride, all the way back from 1902! In our current 60,000-square-foot facility, product development and operation, spur ongoing growth.
Come mix it up with a progressive production team as a Mixer Machine Operator in Callery, PA! Our state-of-the-art production and baking facility is ready to add outstanding employees as our secret ingredient.
What do we offer our employees?
- COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS… We offer above-industry standards: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with a match, and 14 PTO days
*Vision provided at no cost to the employee (if Dental coverage is elected);
- Progressive Environment; and
- Continued Growth… Climb your sweet ladder of success at B&K.
What’s our recipe for employee success?
- Eye for detail when making our mixes;
- Effective communication, with a diverse population of co-workers and managers;
- Teamwork… The Production team works cooperatively to meet quotas and goals;
- Comfortable with working on an elevated platform… We use heavy machinery;
- Understanding… Sharing different viewpoints;
- Tic-toc… Time management; and
- Fragrance and Allergy Tolerance… We are cooking confectionery products.
Your day at a glance:
- It’s all laid out… Recognize and grab all ingredients to follow the recipe. Double-check they are correct;
- Start your engines!… Turn the mixing machines on and maintain the mixing machines during the shift. We make sure the mixes are consistent;
- Check recipe accuracy, adding all batch ingredients utilizing a scale; ensuring ingredients, according to the recipe, are accurate while maintaining all required paperwork (like batch sheets, end shift report, ingredient lot tracking, etc.);
- Box it and tape it up;
- Clean up… Before and after shifts; and
- Follow Safety Guidelines at all times.
- Ability to read and speak English;
- Ability to stand consistently for an 8-hour shift; and
- Physically must be able to stand for long hours and be able to lift at or above waist at a maximum of 50 lbs. consistently.
- Previous experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- Previous experience with automated machinery;
- Go get them attitude; and
- Ability to work with and without reasonable accommodation.
CLICK HERE to download this Job Description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.